December 31, 2018 – January 7, 2019
We are thrilled to be going as your Erickson Covenant representatives to Haiti in early January. Since arriving in the Creston Valley over 11 years ago, we have been provoked, pushed, and simply told by God to just love on others by serving them with whatever means possible. So when we were approached about Haiti, we jumped at this learning opportunity, 100% IN!!!
We will be joining a larger team from two other Canadian Covenant churches, both of whom have long term relationships with the Haitian churches who are serving on the ground. The goal of this trip is exposure and inspiration–we will see what’s going on there in one, quick week, bringing it back to our home church so we can all share in the inspiration. Who knows where God will lead other members of Erickson Covenant?
During our week there, we will be learning about a variety of Covenant supported ministries:
- The Sante 2000 Health Clinic provides specialized diabetic care. Diabetes is a growing epidemic in Haiti, often resulting in death due to improper care.
- The Sarepta Program is provides food for elderly people in Haute Limbe. Each month approximately 95 elderly people receive food supplements; each Sunday morning, a breakfast is provided.
- The Petite Anse Feeding Project serves children living in a Cap Haitian slum. The Canadian Covenant, in partnership with College Park Covenant Church (Saskatoon) and a local Haitian team provide a rice-and-beans meal 2x/week for around 160 children.
- The Garden Program & Aquaculture project trains local farmers and community members in sustainable agricultural practices.
- We’ll also be spending time getting to know Haitian brothers and sisters in the local churches.
Thank you all so very much for this incredible opportunity. We look forward to sharing everything with you when we return, so that we can explore further, as a church, how God is calling us all into his mission. We would love to chat more. Our home is always open.
George and Terri Goulder