April 27, 2022
Erickson Covenant Church is seeking applications for:
Church Office Administrator
Erickson Covenant Church is an active, growing, multi-generational church in Creston, BC. We have an average weekly attendance of about 120 people, active children and youth ministries, small groups, and outreach events. We love the Creston Valley, and are dedicated to helping people find and follow Jesus.
The church Administrator is an important person in our church body. Often, the Administrator is a newcomer’s first point of contact with the church, either on the phone, through social media, or in person at the office. The Administrator helps support volunteers and they manage our church’s communication and social media. This person needs a wide variety of skills, both administrative and interpersonal.
It is important that the Administrator embrace the vision and values of Erickson Covenant Church.
General Office Duties may include but not limited to:
- Report to and follow directions of the senior pastor
- Answering the phone
- Church email management
- Greeting walk-in visitors
- Producing documents and publications using appropriate computer software
- Maintaining the church calendar
- Order and replenish church supplies as needed
- Manage the recording of data, such as church attendance and welcomecard information
- Maintaining Church directory
Communications may include but not limited to:
- Maintain the church’s website (training available for current software)
- Maintain the church’s social media presence
- Make slides for worship service (using ProPresenter – training available)
- Write letters, reports, prayer requests, etc. as needed
- Assisting tech department with online services and production
Supporting Teams may include but not limited to:
- Work with volunteer team leaders to schedule and advertise events
- Assist with recruiting volunteers
- Process volunteer applications, and maintain volunteer files
Finances may include but not limited to:
- May be required to assist the treasurer, if needed, with
- Counting offering
- Church deposits
- Receipting and forwarding invoices
- Collect and store incoming donations in the safe for the treasurer
Building Care may include but not limited to:
- Weekly tidy of sanctuary and entrance
- Coordinate with weekly cleaners, and with snow removal contractor
Special Events may include but not limited to:
- Booking venues
- Recruiting volunteers
- Coordinating logistics
- Warm, friendly, and caring; able to create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to respond quickly to the changing needs ofthe day.
- Organized and efficient; able to take initiative, make decisions, and ableto prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written andverbal, with attention to detail.
- A person of integrity; honest, loyal, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Committed to the mission and values of Erickson Covenant Church; ideally, would attend services here and be part of our church family.
Hours and Compensation
This is a permanent part-time position, for 9 hours per week. The office hours will be Tuesday through Thursday mornings, from 9am to 12 pm. There is some flexibility for the hours to shift or increase slightly as needed.
The starting pay will be $18 per hour.
There will be a 3 month probationary period before the position is deemed permanent.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to:
Erickson Covenant Church Leadership Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is chosen. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.